Did you hear the news?
PawsAbilities is coming up!
If your dogs could talk, they would tell you to bring them to PawsAbilities. This fun family event has activities for dog lovers and their dogs—Dog Olympics, the Great Biscuit Bite-Off, Cutest Dog Contest, agility tryouts, a costume contest, vendors , and more!
This year, we're very excited to welcome Luis Carlos Montalván, author of the New York Times Best Seller Until Tuesday, and his dog Tuesday to PawsAbilities! More information will be coming soon.
- Saturday, March 8, 2014
- Sunday, March 9, 2014
- 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex and Expo Center
2300 North Cameron Street
Harrisburg, PA 17110
- Tickets will go on sale in January 2014
- Your ticket is good for both days.
- $8 general admission
- $4 children ages 4-12
- Purchase 2-day tickets at the door
- $10 general admission
- $5 children ages 4-12
Meet Bestselling Author Luis Carlos Montalván and Tuesday at PawsAbilities
Former Captain Luis Carlos Montalván, bestselling author of Until Tuesday: A Wounded Warrior and the Golden Retriever Who Saved Him, and his service dog Tuesday are coming to PawsAbilities! The award-winning book Until Tuesday is a powerful story about a man and a dog and how they found strength and healing in each other.
Join us on Sunday, March 9 for a VIP brunch and presentation at 11 a.m. Tickets cost $35 in advance.
Luis will also be giving a presentation on the PawsAbilities stage on March 8, and he will sign books on both days. The stage presentation on March 8 and the book signing are included in your admission to PawsAbilities.
Things To Do at PawsAbilities
- Dog Olympic Games
- Is your dog an aspiring canine Olympian? They can test their mettle in the Dog Olympic Games! Games such as Musical Hoops, Doggy Limbo, Temptation Tower, and Marathon Down will test your dog's self control, agility, and obedience. Dogs of all skill levels are welcome.
- Costume Contest
- In 2013, we saw some amazing costumes on both dogs and people. We saw Big Bird, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, a peacock, a sock monkey, and Angry Birds. We're expecting to see even more impressive costumes in 2014!
- Stage Demonstrations
- You don't want to miss the demonstrations and presentations on the PawsAbilities stage! This year, we're welcoming Luis Carlos Montalván, author of the New York Times Best Seller Until Tuesday, and his dog Tuesday to the stage. More information will be coming soon!
- Great Biscuit Bite Off
- Do you bake homemade treats for your dogs? Enter your best recipe in the Great Biscuit Bite Off for a chance to take home first prize. The dogs of Susquehanna Service Dogs will be the judges. It's free to enter, and we'll recognize the winners and share the recipes on our blog.
- More Fun
- PawsAbilities is full of other fun activities for you and your dog, including a parade, agility tryouts, the Kids' Corner, and more. Plus, there are lots of vendors with items for you and your dog.
- Tickets cost $8 for adults and $4 for children ages 4-12 in advance. You can purchase tickets online starting in January 2014. After March 3, tickets will only be available at the door, $10 for adults, $5 for children.
If you would like to support SSD, make a donation or become a vendor or sponsor of PawsAbilities. It's only with your support that we are able to continue providing service dogs to assist people to become more independent.
We hope to see you and your four-legged friends at PawsAbilities 2014!